I like to use the Hallowell Method in formulating a well-rounded 'treatment' program. Dr. Hallowell is a leading expert in the field of ADHD and author of landmark books on the topic such as Delivered from Distraction. The Hallowell Method is a positive, strengths based approach which is comprehensive and well-rounded.
The program addresses:
- obtaining an accurate diagnosis taking into account the likelihood of coexisting problems
- education and self-awareness
- achieving a healthy lifestyle
- creating external structure
- counseling of some kind like coaching
- non-medicinal therapies such as LENS, a special form of neurofeedback and supplements such as omega 3 fatty acids
- pharmaceutical intervention.